Boulder , Colorado
Job Category: Manufacturing Software Engineer
Job Id: 2857
Position: Manufacturing Software Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- You will be building a MES system from the ground up using a Web stack. Working with MySQL data base and utilizing the following preferred languages: C++, C#, Java
- Work with the team to understand the workflows, gather requirements, and design the MES system.
- You will implement a Web Server to host the MES system during implementation with the assistance of the Network and Database team.
- Set the first feature to replace the existing Shop Order system and deploy it to the shop floor.
- Write required scripts for the Shop Order system to pull Shop Orders created in the ERP system (SAP).
- Implement the MES system by creating Web pages to track materials, labor, repairs, and scrap in work cells on the shop floor.
- Experience with MES and/or Smart Manufacturing systems.
- Experience with Web stack technologies and databases is required.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience with C++, C#, Java languages.
- Experience with MySQL database.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.