Kent , Washington | Remote
Job Category: Technical Project Manager (Manufacturing)
Job Id: 2855
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
What we are looking for
As the Manufacturing Project Engineer (Technical Project Manager) you will be supporting in the establishment of BE7 valves manufacturing in Kent. You will be working closely with mechanical engineering and act as a project lead to drive progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and maintain resource manufacturing plan
- Maintain the plan as primary / baseline manufacturing resources change over time
- Identify and track all resource-based risks to hardware quality or schedule
- Plan and implement risk mitigations to manufacturing resources
- Manage and maintain Hardware Manufacturing Plan
- Track location, usage history, maintenance / rework history, and life of top-level valve hardware
- Prepare materials to facilitate Manufacturing Capacity Requests to Production Engineering
- Provide support on tasks, activities, and action items for manufacturing team within the Valves IPT, consisting of Manufacturing Engineers (ME) and Planners (MP)
- Keep ME’s focused on IPT priorities to maintain schedule
- Oversee procurement activities
- Track material costs and delivery schedule
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5-15+ years of relevant work experience
- Some experience in leading a team, strong communication & organizational skills
- Experience in aerospace industry (space or aviation)
- Experience in complex component development & testing
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.