San Francisco , California
Job Category: Restraints Engineer
Job Id: 2817
ALTEN who we are…
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the design release of all seatbelts and their integration in the vehicle, from system specification development, sourcing, packaging drawing release, design validation, sub-system integration to ramp up and manufacturing support
- Work closely with the design studio and interior engineering teams to develop the optimum restraint system packages for occupant protection performance and interior styling
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers for both engineering development and program timing
- Manage validation plan and tests labs for sub-system integration
- Function as the main point of contact for all Restraints supplier interfaces
- Provide expertise on restraint system design to ensure five-star safety ratings for our new vehicles.
- Work closely with CAE team to provide design inputs and utilize CAE results to optimize the component design
- Support crash tests and vehicle homologation.
- Make sure parts are supplied with right pedigrees for all crash test vehicles and other vehicle level validation and homologation needs
- In-depth knowledge about the design and engineering of airbags and/or seat belts systems, direct experience in automotive OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
- Knowledge of automotive crashworthiness legislation and attributes
- Knowledge of latest technology advancement in the field of passive safety
- Enough CAD skills to package the component models into vehicle models, check interfaces with the rest of the vehicle and make small modifications if necessary.
- Experience in testing (crash, airbag deployment, seatbelts, IP and/or upper trims)
- Knowledge of CAE analysis and restraint system integration and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree or above in mechanical Engineering or other related fields
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.