Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Job Id: 2807
Position: Electrical Engineer
Location: Hybrid in Mobile, AL - 9/80 schedule
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical support to the Cargo Engineering Team to ensure delivery of integrated engineering solutions meeting technical, weight, program, and schedule and cost targets.
- Create project specific deliverables including feasibility studies, integration plans, clash investigation and resolution, and creation of production documents.
- Analyze Customer Change Requests, revise designs based on customer, manufacturing and/or design requirements.
- Define Preliminary Design for technical coordination with other functions and determine technical re-percussions after receiving MoD proposal documentation.
- Define/Validate Interfaces to the aircraft including development of customized modules installation requirements (including validation of both structural and system interfaces).
- Agree module interface points update Customized Technical Specifications as appropriate. This activity includes PDR with suppliers to verify supplier requirements are validated against the contracted specification and ensure equipment is consistent with all requirements.
- By means of Critical Design Review finalize Version Module Specification for the suppliers of Modules including acceptance as required of test plans. During the process represents the Company to customers and/ or suppliers on technical matters related to the assigned project or technical specialty.
- Validate and release Customized Module Design, ensure clash free certifiable module integration into the aircraft by means of the DMU.
- Create and/or monitor creation of module installation drawings checked within the 3D model environment.
- Guide and perform qualification and verification and validation of customized modules including release of the Declaration of Design Performance (DDP). Typically including review and acceptance of Qualification Test Reports in collaboration with relevant Engineering Specialists such as Stress, Flammability and Mass Properties.
- As an on- going process of product improvement suggests modifications regarding the design and development of aircraft Cargo Systems and components.
- Provide input to the design engineering elements of the integrated project plan to ensure it is
- Provide a clear communication link between the vendor(s) and the Airbus Engineering team.
- Ensure that the design can be certified and all the necessary data for test and certification is produced.
- Strong liaison with other Airbus departments internally, externally and internationally.
- Develop and manage program enablers and ensure their timely and high-quality delivery into Airbus.
- Develop solutions to handle complex tasks for which existing methods and procedures may not apply.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S) from a four-year college or university in engineering or similar related subject area is normally required or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 - 10 years' experience within the aviation industry preferred with experience in aircraft cabin engineering.
- Experience in the Airbus Fulfill Customer Order (FCO) process and be conversant of the Airbus Processes including DE.SO.01.02 "Define the Multi-System Function Architecture" and DE.SO.02.01 "Define System Requirements and Design" preferred
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Familiarity with the Cargo Systems components and have an understanding of their associated certification and qualification requirements preferred.
- Must have the ability to be self-directed and work in diverse teams.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are needed, with ability to plan and hold effective meetings. Experience working in international teams is an asset.
- CAD design experience is preferred (Catia V5).
- Competence in the use of the following Airbus Toolsets TASKY, ICC, PDM Link/SSI, GESY, ZAMIZ, CCD PC, VPM & TreND preferred.
- Experience in vendor technical management of cabin suppliers preferred.
- Strong capability in MS Office Products preferred with the ability to learn new tool sets (e.g. Google Workspace / G-Suite) as required.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.