Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Mechanical Engineer
Job Id: 2806
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Hybrid in Mobile, AL - 9/80 schedule
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the development of requirements and detail design of aircraft cargo loading systems from conceptual design through certification, production and delivery.
- Provide technical support to the Engineering Team to ensure delivery of integrated engineering solutions meeting technical, weight, program, and schedule and cost targets.
- Create project specific deliverables including feasibility studies, integration plans, clash investigation and resolution, and creation of production documents.
- Analyze Customer Change Requests and revise designs based on customer, manufacturing and/or design requirements.
- Participate in regular program reviews (PDR, CDR, etc.).
- Be willing and able to travel in support of program meetings with suppliers and to witness tests.
- Represent the Company to customers and/or suppliers on technical matters related to the assigned project or technical specialty.
- Validate and release new or improved Cargo Loading System and ensure clash free certifiable module integration into the aircraft by means of the DMU.
- Create and/or monitor creation of module installation drawings within the 3D model environment.
- Guide and perform qualification, verification and validation of new and improved cargo Loading Systems. Assist with the review and acceptance of Qualification Test Reports in collaboration with relevant Engineering Specialists such as Stress, Flammability and Mass Properties.
- Actively participate in product development and improvement regarding the design and development of aircraft Cargo Loading Systems and components.
- Provide input to the design engineering elements of the integrated project plan to ensure it is technically robust.
- Provide a clear communication link between the vendor(s) and the Airbus Engineering team.
- Ensure that the design can be certified and all the necessary data for test and certification is produced.
- Strong liaison with other Airbus departments internally, externally and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in engineering or similar related subject area.
- 3 - 10 years of experience in the aviation industry with experience in aircraft cabin engineering, aircraft structures design/modification or product development preferred.
- Hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel internationally (i.e. Germany, France).
- 3D CAD design experience is required (Catia V5 preferred).
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to be self-directed and work in diverse teams.
- Experience in vendor technical management of cabin suppliers preferred.
- Familiarity with aircraft Cargo Loading Systems
- Familiarity with commercial aircraft certification is desirable.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are needed, with ability to plan and hold effective meetings. Experience working in international teams is an asset.
- Experience in the Airbus Fulfill Customer Order (FCO) process and be conversant of the Airbus Customization Engineering Process including "DE.PA.02.03 Define Customized Modules Design" preferred.
- Strong capability in MS Office Products preferred with the ability to learn new tool sets (e.g. Google Workspace / G-Suite) as required.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.