Mukilteo , Washington | Seattle , Washington | Bothell , Washington | Everett , Washington
Job Category: Aerospace Thermal Analyst
Job Id: 2791
Location: On-site in Mukilteo, WA, 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off!)
Duration: 12 months, with potential to extend beyond initial contract. During the contract phase, employee will be provided with annualized salary and benefits (medical, PTO, paid holidays, etc.)
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Citizens need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
The Aero-Thermal Analyst II’s role is to utilize theories of physics (classical mechanics, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism) to support design, development, and final verification across a variety of aerospace development programs. The engineer is primarily expected to apply aerothermal analysis practices to support development from conceptual design phases through to released engineering drawings and stress analysis reports, support test planning, and prepare documentation. Other common tasks include modelling pyrotechnic & pneumatic gas dynamics, multi-body kinematics, and heat-transfer problems. The analyst will often work independently upon a small, fast-moving team where excellent organization, collaboration, and communication skills will be essential parts of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Applies theories of physics to engineering problems to quantify and predict system performance, support conops decisions, and support derivation of subsystem requirements
- Assesses structural viability of structures and mechanisms by:
- Applying an understanding of metallic and composite materials, structural mechanics, statics and dynamics
- Generating free body diagrams, determining load paths, calculating reaction forces and internal loads, and developing shear and moment diagrams
- Using classic aerospace industry analysis techniques (classical hand calculations, finite element analysis, fatigue and damage tolerance analysis)
- Assists with program-level technical oversight to ensure the end product meets all applicable requirements
- Verifies and documents system compliance to requirements
- Contributes to test plan development to validate system performance
- Supports development of engineering reports and presentations
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Typically possesses 5+ years in aerospace and/or defense experience
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Software proficiency including knowledge of STAR-CCM+, FEMAP, NASTRAN, LS DYNA, CATIA V5, SolidWorks, and Microsoft Office
- General aerospace engineering knowledge including structural analysis, FEA, physics-based modeling, dynamics / kinematics, advanced high-strength materials, design and test
- Basic proficiency of underlying analysis theory
- Strong written and verbal communication, technical report writing skills, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be comfortable working on weapons systems – offensive and defensive.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.