Denver , Colorado | Remote
Job Category: Spacecraft Systems Engineer II
Job Id: 2789
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain technical budgets for vehicle performance
- Develop and manage system requirements and verification techniques
- Develop simulations and perform analysis across vehicle functions
- Develop test methods and plans for new developments
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications, CONOPS definition, and other design documents
- Assist with proposal activities, customer meetings, and facilitate technical exchanges with the engineering teams
- Assist with program management and product management
- Lead and execute flight programs that meet technical requirements
- Work closely with other contractors/teammates in meeting customer needs
- Collaborate with other technical program leads and diverse domain expertise
- Allocate driving requirements (balancing cost and technical)
- Execute or manage key trades
- Ensure all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives
- Work closely with customer to help define their needs and provide competitive solutions
- Develop winning competitive solutions for the customer
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience with at least two phases of the program life cycle (business development, mission formulation, requirements flow-down, manufacturing, integration and test, and on-orbit operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Engineering, Science, or a related technical field
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Demonstrated responsibilities for space hardware missions for Commercial, Defense, Restricted, or NASA satellites
- Experience as a spacecraft systems engineer or subsystem engineer
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and team member contributors on the program
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering development lifecycle and change management process
- Demonstrated engineering experience with a track record of results
- Good documentation and communication skills
- System design experience, balancing performance, cost, power, emerging technologies,
- Ability to perform trade studies and parametric analyses
- Ability to establish innovative, balanced technical and cost solutions
- Systems engineering and technical management skills, ability to execute demanding flight programs
- Ability to work rapidly with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Experience in systems engineering functions, for example: operations concept development, System and product design, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
Salary Range: $100 – 140K
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.