Westminster , Colorado
Job Category: Information Technology Intern - Summer 2023
Job Id: 2783
**Due to our work in aerospace and defense industries, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position**
*This is an in-person position located in our Westminster, CO office*
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth.
Through an internship with ALTEN Technology USA you will experience and be exposed to a wide variety of tasks and projects that will help expose you to the inner workings of your field and prepare you for a professional future. You will work directly with senior members of the team on both internal and potentially external projects including but not limited to:
- Assigning, documenting, and maintaining computer login codes, passwords, and access profiles for software applications, network access, and telecommunications systems
- Modify security files to add, modify, or delete users' access
- Provides networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords
- Installs upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software, and files services
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to managers, problem request tracking system, and/or users via voicemail and email.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Completed junior year (or higher) by the start of the internship; recent graduates and graduate students strongly encouraged to apply as well
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Information Technology or System Administration preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks
- $20 - $25 an hour dependent on education level and experience.
NOTE: Due to our work in aerospace and defense industries, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
This job posting does not constitute a contract of employment and ALTEN may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
ALTEN is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.