Waukesha , Wisconsin
Job Category: Project Coordinator (Mechanical Engineering)
Job Id: 2764
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead Engineering changes for the specific Engineering Site through proficiency of all change related processes in order to drive initiatives and achieve change team goals and metrics.
- Might own and execute the ECR, working with the subject matter expert (SME) or design engineer to ensure the ECR is defined and executed properly.
- Coordinate all tasks and activities of the Design Change Process within a cross-functional team (Supply Chain, Sourcing, Quality, etc.) to ensure all changes are properly performed and documented from the beginning of the ECR process through to the end with the ECO in in Approval state.
- Work closely with the technical lead to properly understand the background and scope of the change as it relates to the Design Change Process and simplify processes in order to reduce overall ECR/ECO cycle time.
- Ideate, design and prototype and drive changes that support profitability and cost reduction.
- Provide support and coaching to engineers and others on execution activities related to the Design Change Process
- Provide leadership and support for MyWorkshop to local system users
- Gather from Sourcing inventory information for all suppliers of part affected by the ECR.
- Gather from Manufacturing inventory of all GEHC plants.
- Develop the PIPO plan for the ECR working directly with Sourcing and suppliers to establish timing of ECR completion and implementation of ECO.
- Ability to proactively manage cross-functional interdependencies to maximize team efficiency and avoid gaps/delays in mid to long-term execution. Anticipate integration issues and discern appropriate actions to progress the team forward. Connects planning and cross-functional impacts of product NPI, Installed Base, Obsolescence and End-of Life.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in project design and project execution role.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience working in cross-functional relationships, strong influential skills
- Demonstrated organizational, functional, and leadership expertise to lead teams on a project, sub-system or business initiative
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
- Experience with Creo 3D CAD and detailed drawings.
- Experience with DOE, experiment and test.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and documentation.
- Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.