Energy & Life Science
New York , New York
Job Category: Senior Project Engineer
Job Id: 2714
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with project team (internal project manager and coordinator, engineering, and third-party consultants) to manage engineering scope of a project, from site due-diligence and permitting activities to construction and commissioning activities
- Ensure compliance with and continuity between Project Agreements (EPC, PPA, Leases, Interconnection Agreements) by effectively managing engineering firms and equipment vendors, and ensuring that the project, as described in permit plans and contracts remains technically and economically feasible.
- Manage consultant solicitations for project specific requirements and manage consultant contracts throughout project execution
- Oversee cadence with customer during design phase and construction phase
- Organize design package with Engineering firms
- Manage equipment procurement process and ensure cost-effectiveness of technical solution
- Maintain equipment and engineering vendor relations
- Maintain project budget and track cost changes throughout project
- Perform inspections during the installation process
- Manage utility commissioning and testing
- Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance Group, and Asset Management team for project close out and handoff
- Support the due diligence and review of energy storage, microgrid, PV and EVSE design applications to value engineer, ensure compliance, risk reduction, and design optimization.
- Work with equipment vendors to ensure hardware, communications, and software platform meets customer, permitting and all technical requirements
- Bachelor’s degree: Electrical Engineering Preferred, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering
- At least five years of experience in building complex systems
- Experience with low, medium, and high voltage equipment
- Proven track record in building relationships; ability to develop customer and stakeholder relationships quickly, and manage multiple budgets and schedules
- Experience and/or formal training in structured proposal development is a plus
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Working knowledge of National Building & Electrical Code as it pertains to energy storage, photovoltaic and back-up power generations
- Knowledge of powered generators and experience with air quality management division / air pollution control districts
- Working knowledge of control system communication protocols (e.g. Modbus, CAN, etc.)
- Ability to articulate complex issues through succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Possess a diplomatic, persuasive, and articulate communication style
- Entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and ability to work well in a team environment with proven attention to detail and project management experience
- Willingness to embrace and defend a culture of respect, communication, and accountability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to travel upon request
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.