Louisville , Colorado
Job Category: Electrical Test Engineer
Job Id: 2672
ALTEN TECHNOLOGY USA
Position: Electrical Test Engineer (Level 2 or Level 3)
Location: On-site in Lafayette, CO
Schedule: Flexible - 8/80, 9/80 or 4/10 schedule
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop LabVIEW with National Instruments and other COTS targets to perform test execution and data logging on flight and engineering hardware.
- Work with engineers of other disciplines to develop test sets tailored for the verification of board and box level avionics.
- Initiative to identify and complete tasks with evolving requirements and minimal direction.
- Work in a fast-paced team environment on a variety of R&D, proof of concept, and production programs.
- May include personnel management responsibilities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- BS degree or higher in Engineering and 4 or more years LabVIEW and scripting experience.
- Experience with script writing in COSMOS.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Strong coding background, Windows and object-oriented architectures.
- Current knowledge of industry standard software engineering practices, including agile methodologies, open-source licensing, unit testing, code development and configuration management.
- Electrical engineering design experience with custom special test equipment is highly desired.
- Experience with test sets in cleanroom, laboratory, and/or production environments.
- System modeling and analysis experience using MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Aerospace or military experience is desired but not required.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
Salary Range: $100-150k
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.