Denver , Colorado | Dallas , Texas | Seattle , Washington | Louisville , Kentucky | Atlanta , Georgia | Boston , Massachusetts | Los Angeles , California | Melbourne , Florida | New York , New York | San Francisco , California | St Louis , Missouri | San Jose , California | Houston , Texas | Virginia Beach , Virginia | Baltimore , Maryland | Phoenix , Arizona | San Diego , California | Orlando , Florida | Mountain View , California | Herndon , Virginia | Huntsville , Alabama
Job Category: Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Remote)
Job Id: 2670
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Please note: This is a 12-month contract engagement and can be remote with occasional travel (~4 weeks/year) to the company headquarters in Broomfield, CO. Benefits are offered for the duration of the contract through Alten Technology (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, etc.). There is a strong possibility that this contract will be extended beyond the initial contract length.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.-
Design, develop, and test all aspects of firmware for systems using principles and techniques of software and electrical engineering. This includes new products, existing products, line extensions, product enhancements, and test fixtures.
- Architect and implement embedded software
- Conduct technical reviews and participate in peer code reviews providing teammates with comments and suggestions.
- Design and write test plans, unit tests, and automated test fixtures to ensure software code quality and integrity.
- Use project management tools to track progress and provide insight to stakeholders regarding tasks being performed.
- Document all aspects of software designs such as architecture diagrams, design decisions, state/sequence diagrams and utilize documentation tools for auto-generated documentation.
- Assist cross-functional units in product advancement teams by troubleshooting issues, communicating solutions and helping deploy fixes.
- Includes a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar, and 7+ years or professional experience.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ programming skills for embedded systems.
- Solid knowledge of ARM architecture and SoC’s
- Solid knowledge of wireless IoT protocols (BLE, Zigbee, Z-Wave, Thread or similar).
- Solid knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Solid knowledge of distributed version control software (eg. Git, Mercurial).
- Solid knowledge of embedded Linux and scripting (eg. Python, Perl, Bash).
- Solid knowledge of bootloaders, communication protocols (eg. UART, I2C, SPI, USB) and state machine design.
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, network set-up, administration, security
- Basic knowledge of continuous integration workflows and tooling (eg. Docker, Podman). Basic knowledge of real-time operating systems, ARM Cortex-M processors and motor control theory.
- Basic knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure.
- Familiarity with Apple HomeKit™
- Skill in operation of electronic test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes and digital logic analyzers.
- Skill in assembling or modifying electronic prototypes, including soldering, wire management, and use of power tools.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to deal with conflicting design requirements with creativity and innovation.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to specify / supervise work performance of contract employees and suppliers.
- Experience working with consumer IoT devices is highly desired.
Salary Range: $120K-$155K, depending on experience
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.