De Leon Springs , Florida
Job Category: Electrical Engineer IV
Job Id: 2657
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, model, simulate and test complex electronic circuits, subsystems, and systems.
- Support designs with analysis simulations and calculations including pSpice and Mathcad.
- Create schematic drawings and support PCB design, layout, and routing of sub-assemblies and systems.
- Prepare documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
- Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guide or mentor other Engineers.
- Apply Risk, failure, and root cause analysis as required within the electronic engineering discipline.
- Provide support for the production process and system issues; provide recommendations for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN’s; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May act as project lead including organizing, executing, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians, or manufacturing operators.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers, or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with simulation (pSpice or equivalent) and computational programs (MathCad preferred, MatLab accepted), programmable logic (Altera, Xilinx).
- Proven experience in generating electrical design documentation, and technical reports.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have applied hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test of electronic assemblies and systems.
- Thorough knowledge of digital and analog design including amplifiers, analog, and digital interfacing, time-domain filtering, programmable logic, low power design, communication protocols, and memory devices (EEPROM, SRAM, DRAM)
- Experience with, battery operation, digital signal processing, magnetics, and RF design.
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
- Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have the ability to act independently on technical matters.
- Ability to travel and participate in field tests.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.