Denver , Colorado
Job Category: Senior Staff Electrical Engineer
Job Id: 2655
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design Work:
You’ll lead the design of hardware architectures, power budgets, electrical block diagrams, schematics and PCBs. You’ll get your hands dirty and own those design outcomes from start to finish, involving other team members as appropriate to ensure that our designs are successful. You’ll lead and review the work of other engineers on a regular basis.
You’ll work with the more junior staff members, developing their technical skills and helping them advance in their careers. This requires effective delegation, where you allow them to own their work but you stay closely involved to ensure that they are successful.
- Sales Support:
You’ll work closely with our account managers and project managers to bid and scope projects with our customers, occasionally visiting customer sites to discuss our capabilities
Whether it’s training, developing and refining our processes, managing portions of our Quality Management System, or tracking your time, you’ll also have to deal with a lot of the extraneous responsibilities of a senior staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- Extensive design and layout experience including most or all of the following:
- Microcontrollers, processors and FPGAs in embedded designs
- Controlled impedance for high-speed channel design or RF technologies (10GbE, 802.11, SerDes, PCIe)
- Communications interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-485, USB, SDIO, CAN, MIL-STD-1553, LVDS etc.)
- DC/DC converters and topologies
- EMI/EMC and Signal Integrity analysis
- Analog and sensor interface design
- Development of specifications and derived requirements from customer or end-user inputs
- Extensive experience with test procedures and strategies to accomplish traceable conformance with customer requirements
- Extensive lab troubleshooting and debug experience of PCB assemblies with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Demonstrable history of successful mentorship of other engineers
- Demonstrable experience successfully working in cross-functional teams
- History of successful delivery of products in a leadership role in regulated environments
Desired skills -
- Experience with component derating, worst case circuit analysis, and reliability analysis
- Experience with power integrity and signal integrity analysis
- Significant experience with EMC compliance
- Familiarity with regulatory and standard requirements such as: CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STDs, IEC standards, DO-160, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100
- Experience with large project proposals and staffing estimations
Salary Range: $110-160k/yr
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.