San Francisco , California
Job Category: Automation Test Equipment Engineer
Job Id: 2634
ALTEN who we are...
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
The ideal candidate would be responsible for creation of test software and hardware solutions for the validation of the product throughout the entire lifecycle of our revolutionary home energy products. This includes being involved in all aspects of execution of FW Validation, Reliability, and production testing.
- Collaborate with firmware and electrical engineers across the company to execute the various tests outlined in product DVP’s.
- Integrate test software collecting sensor and data acquisition signals. Simulate conditions using instruments and automate them.
- Collaborate with technicians to get and test systems prepared for test execution.
- Developing test scripts to exercise units as intended during the test.
- Process and analyze test data using various software tools to validate system performance.
- Share test results with detailed test reports and documentation.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized working environment.
- Leverage off the shelf technologies for Data collection, automation and execution.
- Write data processing scripts to interpret results.
- Work with Reliability and manufacturing engineers to capture requirements for tester design and execute them.
- Develop test automation software for Test Equipment using LabVIEW, NI TestStand.
- Prepare verification procedures for ATE & test automation software and carry out tests for verification, reliability and manufacturing.
- Skills required: Minimum 7+ years’ experience in LabVIEW and NI TestStand
- Experience in selection and programming of data acquisition devices & Benchtop instruments
- Experience with cDAQ / cRIO / Drivers
- Experience in ATE integration, debugging and testing
- Able to understand detail electronic design of analog, digital or mixed-signals and associated circuit schematics, simulation tools, BOM and design documents for ATE
- NI LabVIEW certifications Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer(CLAD) or Certified LabVIEW Developer(CLD) or Certified LabVIEW Architect(CLA) are optional.
- Certified Teststand Developer.
- Knowledge of RDBMS Systems. MySQL, SQL Server , Oracle etc.
- Source control tools like GIT, SVN etc.
- Protocol experience
- i2c, SPI, RS 485/232
- Ethernet protocols, UDP, TCP
- Industrial Protocols like OPCUA, EthernetIP, ModBUS etc.
- Automotive CAN, LIN etc.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.