Broomfield , Colorado | Denver , Colorado | Westminster , Colorado | Centennial , Colorado | Boulder , Colorado | Lakewood , Colorado | Louisville , Colorado | Colorado Springs , Colorado | Arvada , Colorado | Longmont , Colorado | Lafayette , Colorado
Job Category: Embedded Software Test Engineer
Job Id: 2633
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Note: This is a 6-12 month contract engagement and is hybrid remote in Broomfield, CO. Candidate MUST either live in Colorado or be open to relocation to Colorado and will be required to be on-site at the customer 1-2 days per week. This contract has the possibility to be extended. Benefits will be offered for the duration of the contract through Alten Technology (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.-
Design, develop, maintain and deploy the embedded test automation platform for a suite of motorized products and IoT accessories. Using best practices and patterns for Software Engineering deliver the automation of firmware testing for effective continuous integration.
- Automate firmware verification tests for code and libraries that run on embedded ARM SoC platforms
- Work with firmware engineers to investigate issues and develop solutions
- Support additional test automation needs within the department, e.g. BLE and REST interface testing
- Design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solutions for our product assembly devices and internal tools
- Collaborate with firmware, hardware and software engineers to implement improvements, design changes, and fix issues that arise for firmware test rigs and test automation software
- Define and execute verification and validation requirements and testing plans for firmware test automation platforms
- Collaborate with DevOps to provide continuous integration of test automation platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree of study
- Expert knowledge of embedded software test automation platforms, rigs, fixtures
- Expert knowledge of C
- Expert knowledge of ARM System-on-Chip SoC architectures such as Nordic nRF52 series Solid knowledge of IoT interfaces such as: BLE, TCP/IP, various serial protocols etc. Solid knowledge of various scripting languages e.g. Python, Bash
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration tools e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Github Actions Solid Knowledge of Git version control
- Solid Knowledge of embedded IDE usage, as well as build tool usage e.g. CMake
- Solid Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Proven Ability to deliver embedded test automation platforms
- Proven Ability to troubleshoot electrical and firmware issues
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment (power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc) Familiarity with Smart Home platforms such as Alexa, Google Home and Apple HomeKit
- Familiarity with embedded Linux
Salary Range: $80K-$120K, Depending on Experience
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.