Troy , Michigan
Job Category: Hardware Electrical Engineer
Job Id: 2630
We're ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we've been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world's most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Job description :
- Develop and maintain all required documentation, such as block diagrams, schematics, BOMs, and test plans
- Perform Worst Case, Monte Carlo, Stress/Thermal Analysis, and Bench Testing to reliably meet quality and performance requirements from both the customer and Veoneer.
- Perform theoretical circuit block FMEA utilizing the PC based FMEA software and perform FMEA verification
- Work with ECAD to develop a board layout compliant to manufacturing and EMC requirements
- Work with Product Assurance to develop concept and design validation test requirements and plans
- Collaborate with layout engineers, mechanical engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, manufacturing engineers and other teams
- Perform design/debug investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities
- Participate and/or Lead the Design Reviews of the ECU
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of design experience in analog/digital electronic circuits for automotive application
- Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting hardware designs
- Experience with the implementation of communication protocols such as CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, UART, etc.
- Experience in PCB layout, RF/EMI/EMC/ESD mitigation technique, simulation and power distribution techniques of modern processors
- Experience with Signal and Power Integrity simulation and testing
- Experience bringing up, testing and validating hardware
- Experiences in various software tools such as Mathcad, Pspice, Matlab, IQ-RM, Excel, Word, Doors, Altium
- Experience in reading component datasheets
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.