Lincoln , Nebraska
Job Category: Automation Specialist Engineer
Job Id: 2618
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interpret equipment specifications into detailed designs and BOMs
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements (Creo)
- Develop electrical design, schematics, and drawings
- Develop system design software
- Define equipment required to achieve requirements of equipment specification
- Prepare detailed equipment electrical designs while integrating mechanical design, control systems and system design software
- Plan and provide detailed training on equipment design, maintenance and troubleshooting to various customer skill
- Support of existing equipment designs, and production issues will be required both locally and at various sites globally
- Maintains up to date knowledge of equipment technologies and utilizes this knowledge to specify and develop innovative solutions
- Utilize continuous improvement methodology to improve internal industrial processes
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in automation industry or high volume manufacturing environment
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Basic PLC programming (Unity, ProWORX, SoMachine)
- Basic configuring and designing HMI systems
- Familiar with vision systems (Cognex, Keyence)
- Familiar with motion controllers and actuators (IAI, Yasakawa)
- Strong command of system design software (LabVIEW, TestStand, C++, etc.)
- Prior schematic capture/PCB generation experience in CAD software
- Exposure to various test equipment architectures (VXI, PXI, Rack and Stack, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols (Modbus, Ethernet, CAN, Profibus)
- Electronic circuit knowledge: digital, analog, power, and high voltage
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Basic understanding of UL61010-1 Standard, NFPA 79, National Electric Code
- Travel required – domestic and international
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.