Lincoln , Nebraska
Job Category: Project Quality Engineer
Job Id: 2617
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Owns the component risk dashboard
- Leads the collaboration of the component risk analysis
- Creates the verification plan for each component and sub-assembly.
- Leads the PPEP (Part Product Evaluation Plan).
- Drives the requirements of our suppliers to reach quality goals and proper controls.
- Leads the planning and execution of component qualification.
- Leads the Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to ensure the proper level of quality is built into the processes.
- Leads the Fault Tree Analysis for PFMEA items with cross-functional team including Marketing, Design and Quality
- Ensures quality items are included in the equipment, tool, and process qualification plans.
- Creates the Process Quality Control Plan (PQCP) that ensures all engineering specifications have been reviewed and are under control.
- Transfers process quality data and requirements to suppliers and manufacturing facilities.
- Deliver PQCP and Component Quality Control Plans (CQCPs) to the plants for creation of Process Control Plans and Incoming Inspection
- Leads quality issue resolution all along the project including the production pilot.
- Supports and trains cross functions on methods and tools needed to reach robustness, capability, and quality targets.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent) is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience direct support of manufacturing through operations support, supplier quality development or equivalent
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (black belt would be a plus)
- Process FMEA development and Control Plan execution
- GD&T exposure and understanding
- Experience with metrology equipment (CMM, micrometers, height gauges)
- Strong use of statistical tools and principles
- Understanding of data analytics and statistics software packages
- Mastery of Microsoft 365 Suite
- Travel required – domestic and international
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.