Lincoln , Nebraska
Job Category: Assembly Process Engineer
Job Id: 2615
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate with the Design function during the design phase of products to guide the Design for Assembly (DFA) relying on your experiences in production support. Be a driving force in the choice of assembly technologies by informing projects about limits and advantages of different technologies
- Evaluate and validate product design alternatives to create optimum process designs by applying knowledge of product design, assembly, fixturing and materials. Ability to compare process scenarios for profitability and return on investment.
- Create detailed capacity analysis studies using various assembly methods and techniques. Comparison of manual, semi-auto and fully automated solutions.
- Define the material flow and handling used to supply the process.
- Plan and establish the sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization of resources (machine and human). Experience with line balancing techniques.
- Define the industrial technologies needed to assemble new products by utilizing the FMEA, VSM and Auto vs Manual studies. Enlighten the projects on the necessary levels of investment according to the scenarios envisioned.
- Contribute to the target cost by providing the product assembly time using systemic methods such as MTM analysis.
- Write specification and qualification plans for the means, tools, equipment and production lines to produce the product.
- Manage the realization of the production means at our suppliers (internal or external). Be strongly invested in the technical choices of the different equipment with manufacturing feasibility studies, cost of quality analysis and cross-functional peer reviews.
- Drive the qualification of the means (equipment and processes) at our supplier and internal operation sites.
- Participate in the ramp up of the production means to the operations site by leading training, industrial file definition and assistance with material setup and flow.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics
- 5-10+ years’ experience in manufacturing industry directly supporting assembly operations
- Methods, maintenance, or factory production support specialized in high volume OR
- Realization and development of specialized machines
- 5-10+ years’ experience industrialization of new products
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Creo (ProE) or Solidworks
- Simulation or production modeling tools (Lanner Witness, Rockwell Arena or equivalent)
- Microsoft Visio
- Basic understanding of PLC programming
- Basic understanding of MES / MIS systems
- Familiar with vision systems (Cognex, Keyence)
- Familiar with motion controllers and actuators (IAI, Yasakawa)
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Travel required up to 30% - domestic and international.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.