De Leon Springs , Florida
Job Category: Systems Engineer IV
Job Id: 2610
Position: Systems Engineer IV – Contractor
Location: On-site in De Leon Springs, FL, 9/80 schedule
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
The Systems Engineer IV will lead system and subsystem level design/requirements generation, development, decomposition, design analyses, operational concept definition, and traceability for the total system. Experience with the system development lifecycle, performing functional analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Develop, specify, and verify system and software interface architecture block diagrams. Support the development of strategic and tactical plans for the design and implementation of cost effective and technically compliant new or modified architectures supporting future customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform systems analysis and design
- Design Sonar and/or Maritime Acoustic technology / platforms
- Allocate, deploy and manage internal and external stakeholder/customer, system, and subsystem level requirements
- Manage changes to requirements, troubleshoot conflicts and understand impacts
- Support risk assessments and develop risk mitigation
- Lead peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
- Lead and develop Whitepapers and Bid and Proposals
- Prepare system engineering and specialty engineering CDRL's
- Define control system interfaces - external/internal
- Develop functional, operational, physical, and interface architecture block diagrams
- Perform trade studies, investigate alternatives and provide recommendations
- 4-year degree from an accredited university STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Preferably Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science or System Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience; or Masters’ degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in Engineering.
- Experience with the JAMA Connect or other modern requirements management tools.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Capability to adapt to industry wide used modeling and requirements management tools as needed
- CMMI, AS 9100, and ISO 900 process development experience.
- Familiar with Jira for issue tracking and supporting Agile development methodologies, collaborating with Agile teams and support of team demonstrations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Teams.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.