Waukesha , Wisconsin
Job Category: MR Test Engineer
Job Id: 2600
Location: ON-SITE in Waukesha, WI
Schedule: 3rd SHIFT (MIDNIGHT - 8AM)
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform assigned testing to verify the performance requirements of MRI system and related subsystem.
- Works closely with client engineering teams to execute test procedures, provide regular updates on test progress and create and release appropriate test reports and clear, succinct documentation.
- Position requires attention to detail while listening to instructions, in following documentation and recording test results.
- Complete assigned test execution on quality and on time.
- Adhere to related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Physics or Science
- 2+ years of experience testing MRI, PET, CT, or X-Ray scanner hardware functionality.
- Requires the medical clearance to work in an MRI, PET, X-Ray environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Possess a in depth knowledge of the Magnetic Resonance (MR) modality and the basic behavior of surface coil and Body coil interactions in the various RF environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency using test equipment and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of thermodynamics and heat transfer relationships.
- Demonstrated computer experience (Word, Excel, Navigation, Document Management).
- Attention to detail when carrying out coil testing, test case set up, and related procedures.
- Adherence to process discipline, good documentation practices and quality requirements.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment and confidence to work with little supervision.
- Global technical business experience working within a diverse workforce.
- Clear understanding and adherence to related functionality and safety procedures.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.