Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Ergonomics Engineer
Job Id: 2594
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a specialist within human factors and ergonomics areas
- Plan, conduct, and lead experiments/clinics to collect data
- Monitoring and assessing requirement fulfillment and validate resulting feature levels in project deliveries
- Develop CAD concepts and designs of various vehicle exterior and interior components relating to driver environment and packaging
- Support cross functional balance of ergo and human factors requirements with other interfacing feature requirements
- 5+ years industry experience
- Proficient in Catia V5 (or similar), Ramsis, and Human Builder
- Knowledge and experience of product development projects within the driver environment in cars or commercial vehicles
- Knowledge in ergonomics including ergonomics simulation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.