Los Angeles , California
Job Category: Senior Vehicle Controls Software Engineer
Job Id: 2581
Senior Vehicle Controls Software Engineer
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of vehicle control software development for multiple platforms
- Work closely with Technical Project Managers, Senior Engineering Managers, testing team, etc.
- Setting up internal development processes to deliver high quality software on time & within budget
- Leading efforts in extending capability of controls to cover more challenging scenarios
- Creating a collaborative environment of testing, safety, and documentation
- Increasing productivity of the team by identifying process gaps, common pain points, scalability issues, and developing a plan to address them
- At least 7 years of experience in embedded software development, automotive industry preferred
- Experience in managing a product team
- Expert in Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, and C/C++
- Familiar with Functional Safety ISO 26262 and embedded control hardware and microcontrollers
- Experience in developing embedded software for real-time systems using model-based development method in Matlab
- Working knowledge of automotive communication technology and protocols (CAN, J1939, etc.)
- Experience with change management tools such as JIRA, Requirement management tools such as Jama, etc.
- Familiar with version control tools such as Git or SVN
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering or equivalent
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.