Mukilteo , Washington | Seattle , Washington
Job Category: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Id: 2572
Location: On-site in Mukilteo, WA - RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!!
Schedule: 9/80 schedule
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conceptualizes, designs, develops, and tests electronics for space and defense products and systems.
- Design digital circuits that interface with discrete analog control-based systems with serial-based digital command and control systems in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards
- Documents and tracks requirements for performance, compliance with customer requirements, test procedures, test reports, and any other contractual specifications
- Perform test activities throughout the product development and qualification lifecycle
- Perform top-level circuit analysis to ensure safe and reliable operation
- Supports management of software code and infrastructure
- Interacts with customers and suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in and capable of developing digital electronics hardware
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Hardware: ruggedized component selection, board level development for extreme environments, and space & missile qualification.
- Experience with board development
- Proven experience in digital circuit design and development of robust hardware
- Experience with PCB layout, and board level analysis tools
- Experience with electrical test equipment including oscilloscope, DMM, power supply, DAQ, logic analyzer, network analyzer, etc.
- Experience designing, building, and testing digital control systems using microcontrollers
Preferred/Nice to Haves:
- Software: development of HIL and SIL test facilities, regression test planning, firmware release processes and bug tracking
- Experience with testing/troubleshooting/failure analysis techniques
- Familiarity with C/C++/C#, Python, MATLAB
- Experience utilizing communication/bus protocols (RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, ethernet, etc.)
- Experience developing serial communication hardware / software
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.