Denver , Colorado | Atlanta , Georgia | Baltimore , Maryland | Boston , Massachusetts | Dallas , Texas | Houston , Texas | Herndon , Virginia | Los Angeles , California | Melbourne , Florida | Mountain View , California | New York , New York | Louisville , Kentucky | Virginia Beach , Virginia | San Jose , California | San Francisco , California | San Diego , California | Seattle , Washington | Phoenix , Arizona | Orlando , Florida | Huntsville , Alabama | St Louis , Missouri
Job Category: Senior Software Engineer – Embedded Linux (Remote)
Job Id: 2566
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop embedded software across the full software development lifecycle
- Generate software requirements, architecture & design documentation, source code, and unit tests.
- Participate in the risk management process
- Define detailed tasks and estimate effort
- Collaborate with small to mid-size cross-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor's degree within an Engineering/Computer Science discipline or relevant experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7+ years of experience developing with C, C++
- 5+ years of experience with Linux development environments
- 3+ years of experience with configuring Linux for embedded targets, including bootloaders, Board Support Packages (BSPs), and Root File System (RFS).
- 3+ years of experience with ARM architecture
- 2+ years of experience with Yocto
- 2+ years of experience developing with Python
- Solid understanding of data structures
- Ability to understand hardware schematics
- Ability to bring up hardware
- Ability to use lab measurement equipment (oscilloscope, signal generator, signal analyzer, multimeter, etc.)
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- 2+ years of experience working within a regulated industry
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development
Salary Range: $110,000 - $135,000
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.