Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Id: 2546
Supplier Quality Engineer
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Role:· Evaluation and selection of world class suppliers in safety, quality, delivery and cost
· Perform audits, capacity analysis and determine supplier core competencies to ensure work is placed
· Perform Quality System, Process and Product audits on suppliers
· Work with suppliers to continuously improve performance, implement process controls and develop quality
· Develop suppliers in the areas of standard work, Business System tools for preventative action, corrective action, and continuous
· Responsible to act as a liaison between cross functional teams, and to review and approve PPAP’s from suppliers
for submission to the Manufacturing Teams and Customers
· Prepare and submit supplier report cards, action plans and the Approved Supplier List as required
· Conduct in-depth review and follow-up on the implementation of supplier action plans for poor report card
· Lead corrective actions as required from supplier 8D’s or non-conformance reports
· Lead the implementation of the Supplier Quality Manual to the supply base
· Work with Quality Engineers to develop standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation at JVS
· Work with suppliers to devise sampling procedures and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating
and reporting quality and reliability data
· Prepare Operations review Supplier and Internal Quality KPI’s, countermeasures and annual action plans for
supplier quality PPM, on-time delivery, late supplier 8D responses, etc.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.