Troy , Michigan
Job Category: Dimensional Engineer
Job Id: 2534
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
- The Dimensional Engineer applies Dimensional Engineering principles and analytical techniques to control fit and finish requirements of product, components and assemblies. The Dimensional Engineer’s responsibilities within these categories are described as follows:
- Place DTS (Dimensional Technical Specifications) values onto criteria/typical sections.
- Coordinates with Designers and product engineers to ensure dimensional deliverables are completed on a timely basis.
- Perform detailed statistical analysis using variation simulation software, both 1-dimensional and 3-D Monte Carlo Simulation (3DCS) along with root sum square (RSS) analysis.
- Develop datum locating strategies for product details and assemblies and provide datum coordination from assemblies down to piece parts.
- Create Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) detail drawings in accordance with American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME Y14-5-2009 or customer specific standards to support product development.
- Provide detailed measurement plans for piece parts and assemblies.
- Facilitate coordination of electronic data transmission of measurement point data from Tier 2 suppliers to Magna and OEM on piece parts and assemblies.
- Develop/maintain a vehicle specification drawing (CVS) or Build Objective Book for program.
- Designate Key Product Characteristics (KPC’s) and/or Significant/Critical characteristics (SC’s or CC’s).
- Coordinate functional evaluation builds (FE events) with supplier data, KPC data, and Measurement roadmaps.
- Provide in-plant support for meeting and validating dimensional characteristics for all phases of build at Magna and customer sites (concept, prototype, pilot, and launch).
- Validate check fixtures shall be in accordance with released GD&T detail drawings. Support development of fixtures and gage certification as required by program team.
- Perform root cause analysis, using actual measured data and statistical analysis.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.