Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Quality Inspector
Job Id: 2528
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
- Execute technical inspections in the production process of the aircraft in the context of the authorization of manufacturer operation.
- Prepare and perform visual, incoming, first article, and final inspections during the aircraft manufacturing process in compliance with design specifications, customers and certification requirements.
- Use SAP-based and SAL-based IT systems to document the technical inspections performed in the production orders by inspection ark.
- Complete other aircraft documents as well as prepare first article inspection reports.
- Support troubleshooting and participate in Quality Survey requests.
- Compile all non-conformance technical data in order to launch the SAP-based quality discrepancy sheets for the professional assessment in accordance with the manufacturing engineering documentation.
- Document all of the technical inspector's results in the SAP based IT system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses/ Certifications:
- High school diploma / GED.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License (A&P), including inspection authorization is preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on structural components and assemblies.
- Airline experience is desirable.
- Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Knowledge of drawing systems, inspection plans, and inspection coordination.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line.
- Handling and use of inspection tools used for length measuring techniques (mechanical, optical, electrical).
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.