Raymond , Ohio
Job Category: ADAS Controls Development Engineer
Job Id: 2527
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Develop Vehicle Dynamics Control Models:
- Acquire and interpret specifications for relevant ADAS functions.
- Develop Simulink based control schemes.
- Test & refine control schemes in a SILS environment employing CarMaker vehicle models.
Develop RT implementations of Controller models:
- Develop HMI controller models and compile for dSPACE RT systems in the DILS environment.
- Develop Control Desk interface for Test monitoring.
HMI interface development:
- Integrate cockpit HMI hardware (displays, audible alarms, HUD, haptics etc.)
- Interface HMI controller model to HMI using appropriate interface solutions.
- Knowledge of principles of Control Engineering.
- An advanced degree in a related field of engineering specialization.
- Knowledge of CAN and ETH communication systems.
- Familiarity with the use of CAN tools such as CANAnalyzer to monitor communication traffic.
- Model development with Matlab, Simulink
- Programming with structured and unstructured languages such as Python & C.
- Familiarity with computer networking in a Windows environment desired.
- Experience with the use of single board computers such as Raspberry Pi & microcontrollers such as the Arduino desired.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Squatting, bending, and moving in tight spaces
- Understanding of the fundamentals of automotive mechanics, EEE is a plus
- Willing and able to work overtime (average of 10% expected)
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.