Kent , Washington | Remote
Job Category: Technical Project Manager
Job Id: 2450
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
What we are looking for
As a TPM you will be supporting with the tracking and forecasting of hardware readiness and will work closely with procurement teams to understand ordering status to better track hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage bill of materials
- Track hardware and build hardware schedules
- Raise concerns and issues with hardware to ensure production is fully supported
- Manage hardware across both internal and external resources
- Forecasting future state engine hardware needs
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-15 years of Project Management experience in a technical and coordination role driving projects and initiatives across cross-disciplinary teams.
- Very strong organizational, coordination, and leadership skills
- Experience working with procurement and long lead times
- Experience managing line-of balance and hardware tracking
- Identifying and removing roadblocks as well as hardware shortages
- Collaborates well with manufacturing engineers
- Can manage schedules and drive critical hardware and equipment
- Data analytics experience
- Script writing to search databases
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.