Job Category: Test Project Engineer
Job Id: 2449
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid Otime off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
What we are looking for
As the Test Project Engineer (Technical Project Manager) you will be supporting in the development of the test strategy for the BE7 valves, both development and qualification testing. You will be partnering with the valves design engineers and analysts, as well as the dynamics group to accomplish those goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and maintain Development Test Strategy and Qualification Test Strategy documents for all valves
- Prepare and maintain Instrumentation Strategy
- Prepare materials to facilitate Test Capability Requests
- Coordination w/ Component Owner and Systems Engineering on definition of verification expectations and activities in component / subcomponent technical specs
- Prioritize actions and maintain schedule
- Oversee sourcing of test hardware and manage test equipment development
- Oversee test procurement activity
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5-15+ years of relevant work experience
- Some experience in leading a team, strong communication & organizational skills
- Experience in aerospace industry (space or aviation)
- Experience in complex component development & testing