Job Category: Embedded Software Engineer
Job Id: 2429
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Please note that this is a 12-month contract to hire engagement that will be on-site in Centennial, CO. Salary and benefits are offered during the duration of the contract (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, etc.).
- Specify together with our Marketing team and our customers the features of the products designed for our NAM customers
- Define technical solutions for implementing new functions in the product
- Software developments of specified network applications and services
- Embedded middleware & software developments based on Linux and associated services.
- Related software & system validation.
- Integration of open-source components and interfacing with the gateway middleware.
- Support the customers for any issues raised (on-site and remote investigation, bug fixing)
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related. A master’s degree is a plus.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in embedded software development using C, C++ languages.
- Preferred understanding of TCP/IP(v4, v6) networks and related protocols (IPv4, IPv6, routing/bridging, ethernet, WiFi, VLAN, IPtables, NAT, DHCP, ARP, DNS, TR069, HTTP, MQTT, PPP, IGMP, SIP, QoS, Openflow
- Linux embedded developments and associated tools (user space - kernel space as a plus)
- OpenVSwitch knowledge is a plus.
- SW development tools: GIT, Jira.
- Continuous integration and Agile Software development methods.
Salary Range: $97K-$110K
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.