Job Category: Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Id: 2428
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
What we are looking for
This role would require the QA to integreat fully autonomous robots in the facility as well as support new product launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review product functional requirements and design documents.
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
- Create test plans and test cases per requirements and design.
- Execute test cases across all functional areas of our products.
- Set up and maintain in-house test floors, stations and equipment.
- Perform testing on in-house test floors and occasionally at production FCs to ensure that all features have been manually tested prior to production deployment.
- Coordinate with the team to promote deployments from 1-box to production.
- Perform functional testing against emulated hardware.
- Find, isolate, document, and validate for defects.
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the process.
- Interact with the FC associates when needed and get their feedback and report into the concerned stakeholders as well as help troubleshoot / fix issues as and when they occur at site.
- This role involves occasional travel to deployment sites in North America and the EU to support new product launch or peak operations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience within the robotics and/or technology industries
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience of software and hardware QA testing
- Autonomous vehicle experience
- Safety Testing experience
- Must have the ability to set up your own environment
- Experience creating test plans from scratch
- Proficiency operating in a Linux environment
- Experience testing multi-tier applications, human/robotic interaction and robotic applications
- Experience with bug tracking (e.g., JIRA) and test/requirement management systems
- Understanding of relational databases (e.g., MySQL) and SQL querying tools
- Experience with and understanding of XML and Json
- Ability to react well to changes and thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Proficiency in scripting language such as: Perl, Jython, Python or Bash for example.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
- Experience with open-source test tools, make files and scripts
- Familiar with hardware-in-the-loop testing with sensors and/or other peripheral devices.