Job Category: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job Id: 2417
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; 9/80 work schedule, and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
This position can be on-site, hybrid remote, or fully remote. We are located in Westminster, CO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop embedded software across the full software development lifecycle
- Participate in pre-sales activities including customer calls and project proposals
- Generate software requirements, architecture & design documentation, source code, and unit tests
- Participate in the risk management process
- Define detailed tasks and estimate effort
- Collaborate with small to mid-size cross-disciplinary teams
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), in Engineering or Computer Science from a technical college or university
- 7+ years of experience developing with C, C++
- 2+ years of experience developing with Python
- 3+ years of experience with Linux development environments
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development
- 3+ years of experience with bare-metal development
- 3+ years of experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Solid understanding of data structures
- Ability to understand hardware schematics
- Ability to bring up hardware
- Ability to use lab measurement equipment (oscilloscope, signal generator, signal analyzer, multimeter, etc.)
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder