California, San Francisco
Job Category: Supplier Development Engineer
Job Id: 2414
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage/improve the selection process for suppliers in an R & D environment
- Relationship development and maintenance of quick turn Bay Area mechanical suppliers
- Drive Supply Chain efforts with R & D teams
- Proactive resolution of risk issues from long lead raw material, capacity, sole source, and other constraints that arise in the design phase within the Supply Chain
- Develop quick turn R&D supply chain processes/improvements that will conform our processes.
- Supply Chain practices and procedures when making decisions concerning negotiating, sourcing, and contracting for all goods and services purchased for R&D efforts
- Handle associated RFQs (Requests For Quote) against requirements
- Negotiate best alignment agreements with suppliers to drive “quick turn” responses. This may include capacity reservation and time + material relationships
- Handle communications and negotiations with suppliers while ensuring specification and quality standards are met
- Drive schedule speed, recovery and corrective action as needed
- Assist with a wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth R&D environment
- Review business aspects of requisition and provide advice as subject matter expert.
- Support/develop process/procedures to ensure any suppliers supporting past the R&D phase meet Approved Vendor Listing (AVL) requirements
- Work with Finance and Legal to ensure any contracts align with Federal, State and Local laws
- Track and manage all associated R&D blanket agreements/PO/Contracts
- Act as liaison between stakeholders such as the Supply Chain Team, Finance, Quality, R&D Engineering, etc.
- Develop paths to keep R&D costs managed.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience managing local San Francisco Bay Area mechanical supplier relationships, parts manufacture, and agreements
- 5+ years’ experience buying at a Sr. Level
- Supply Chain R & D experience
- BS in Engineering
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Great project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to back up conclusions with data
- Time management skills, with the ability to separate the important tasks from the noise
- Proficiency to analyze quotes to determine the overall best offer for a product/service, including supplier past performance, capability, capacity, and financial stability
- Experience with service contracts, contractors, sub-contractors, etc.
- Process improvement mind-set and experience
- Possess a valid “Real ID” driver’s license, and clean driving record
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Actual machining and mechanical manufacturing experience a plus
Salary Range: $130,000-150,000