Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Id: 2411
ALTEN who we are…
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Have an operational responsibility in the day-to-day development, mainly changes to existing products. Product and procedures are given; however, the work requires experience and the capacity to perform analysis and draw conclusions. Focus on own technical area with no or limited interfaces to other technical areas.
- Serves as an engineer within a complicated area of assignment requiring limited direction and supervision.
- Plans, develop, and completes complex engineering projects in CAD within an area of assignment.
- Heavy emphases on mechanical design engineering within chassis components.
- Assists with manpower and material usage in meeting budgetary/cost constraints, deadlines, goals and objectives for the primary area of assignment or project assigned. Serves as a consultant/contact worldwide for his/her area of expertise.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with, generally, experience equivalent to 2 or more years of progressive automotive experience, OR an Associate degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5-10 years of applicable progressive automotive/marine experience.
- Strong PTC CREO knowledge
- CAD preferred
- Prior experience in the automotive or heavy truck industry as a Mechanical Engineer using CREO as main CAD Software.
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action.
- Change Facilitation: Functioning as a catalyst for change and finding ways to overcome organizational obstacles and personal resistance to needed changes.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.