Florida, De Leon Springs
Job Category: Mechanical Engineer IV
Job Id: 2409
Salary Range: $100,000-$115,000
Location: On-site in De Leon Springs, FL, 9/80 schedule ***(RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!!!)
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Citizens need apply for this position.
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create ASME Y14 compliant 2D and 3D mechanical CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and systems.
- Design molds, enclosures, and packaging for components and devices including thermal management systems in order to meet system requirements.
- Responsible for mechanical design, analysis and test of complex work product, systems or processes.
- Support designs with analysis and calculations including tolerancing, stress, mechanics and dynamics.
- Design die-case, injection-molded and stamped parts.
- Design, analyze, test or evaluate new hardware, components products systems or process.
- Generate and follow test procedures to verify designs meet performance parameters.
- Embrace a design-build-test methodology with iterative design cycles and feedback loops.
- Proactively drive improvement in process design, layout and operational performance.
- Apply failure analysis and root cause analysis as required within the engineering discipline.
- Provide support for product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN’s; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience with FEA
- Experience in generating mechanical design documentation and technical reports.
- Experience with finite element analysis.
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks 3D modeling or similar parametric CAD software.
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
- Hands-on experience with development, building and testing of assemblies and systems.
- Ability to write proposals, cost, and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams