Job Category: Payload Integration Engineer
Job Id: 2400
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
*Note: This is a 12-month contract engagement on-site in Webster, TX. Benefits are offered for the duration of the contract through Alten Technology (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.-
*Note: Due to nature of work, only US Citizens need apply for this position*
This position is responsible for developing next generation external payload hosting solutions for commercial and government Low Earth Orbit applications. The team is small and agile, with each person wearing many hats.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative systems engineer to lead verification and safety requirements.
Payload Integration: 70%
- Leading payload specific technical interchange meetings between the PD and ADSH, defining, and coordinating payload interface and integration requirements into Payload Specific Interface Control Agreements
- Analytically integrating the technical parameters of various mission configuration payloads to assure compatibility of payload physical, functional and program interfaces
- Maintaining unique payload integration schedules; coordinating identification and closure of payload issues and risks
- Assisting PDs with Payload Safety Review process
- Maintaining standard integration agreements and team level coordination.
- Plan and implement verification and validation strategy, including implementation practices and processes
- Development requirements/verification matrix
- Develop related test plans and tracking matrix and provide data closure reports for closure of verification requirements
- Safety point of contact to interface with Safety SDP-developer-contractor and act as technical liaison
Additional Responsibilities: 30%
- Integrating specialty engineering disciplines to ensure mission success
- Negotiating programmatic agreements for payload ground handling, launch, and operations within an ISS Increment
- supporting the ISS Payload Mission Integration Team (PMIT) throughout the payloads mission integration phase; potential support to real-time payload operations issue resolution
- Write test and assembly procedures and support to assembly and test activities
- Manage customer-related integrated V&V test plans. Lead V&V collaboration efforts both internally and externally
- Onsite hardware development team and customer payload integration
- Prepare technical documentation and presentations for peers, management, and external customers and partners
- Perform other systems engineering tasks as necessary
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- 5% Domestic and International
- Infrequent international travel to collaborate with European counterparts
- Possibility for on-site support during test and launch campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering, or equivalent and related experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Understanding of NASA safety requirements
- Experience with NASA/ESA SRP and ability to take on SDP efforts a plus
- NASA ISS environment experience specific
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas with others on the design team
- NASA Veritas closure system experience a plus