Job Category: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Job Id: 2392
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Full lifecycle development of medium voltage (Up to 600VAC/1000VDC) electrical power systems
- Full lifecycle development of low voltage (12-48VDC) control systems
- Design electrical system architectures & wiring harnesses
- Develop electrical system work/installation instructions, system diagrams, & single line harness drawings
- Create and evaluate prototype test setups to validate & improve designs
- Collaborate closely with systems engineers to identify systems & electrical design requirements
- Collaborate closely with other design & systems engineers during the system definition, design, & verification development phases
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in relevant technical experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Extensive experience with Solidworks Electrical & Solidworks Routing
- Experience with at least one electrical design SW (AutoCAD, Solidworks Electrical, etc.)
- Experience working with hazardous voltages & an advanced knowledge of hazardous voltage safety procedures
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment
- General knowledge of electrified systems including: Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), Energy Management Systems (EMS), traction & auxiliary inverters, grid-tied Power Conversion Systems (PCS), electric motors, etc.
- Experience designing electrical power & control systems
- Demonstrated strong technical written & verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of documentation control systems (i.e. Solidworks PDM) & document revision & control best practices
- Knowledge of electrical power system trends and new technology
- Experience in stationary storage industry & exposure to related technical standards (IEEE 1547, UL 1741/1973/9540, NFPA 70/70E)
- Familiarity with general safety development standards (ISO 26262, ISO/IEC 61508, IEC 60812/FMEAs etc.)
- Experience with utility/industrial communication standards (Modbus RTU or TCP, SCADA systems)
- Experience with automotive communication standards (Modbus TCP/OPEN Ethernet, CAN/J1939)
Salary Range: $140,000