Job Category: Flight Test Engineer
Job Id: 2382
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.-
The tasks of the Flight Test Engineer(FTE) are related to the aircraft status before, during and after flight, as well as the proper execution of the entire ground/flight acceptance tests.
The FTE Acceptance is in charge of the technical follow-up of the aircraft from Handover to flight line until the customer acceptance. Under his/her responsibility he/she may delegate work to a Ground Test Engineer.
The FTE Acceptance ensures, under the Captain's responsibility, the adequate aircraft configuration for the intended flight.
- The Flight Test Engineer (FTE) Acceptance and the Ground Test Engineer (GTE) are working together as a team.
- With the support of the GTE, the tasks of the FTE Acceptance are related to the aircraft status and management during the overall ground and flight activities, as well as the proper execution of the related tests.
- Together with the GTE, the FTE Acceptance is in charge of the technical follow-up of the aircraft from Handover to Flight Test until the Customer Acceptance. In this scope, he may require additional tests (ground or flight) to ensure satisfactory completion of production test activities.
- The FTE has responsibility for the execution of the flight acceptance tests that are a part of the Production Aircraft Test Manual (PATM) and the Customer Acceptance Manual (CAM).
The FTE Acceptance ensures, under the Captain's responsibility, the adequate aircraft configuration for the intended flight by:
- Checking that the aircraft actual configuration is in accordance with the definition.
- Verifying independently the technical status of the aircraft.
- Technically accepting the aircraft (checking and signing the technical log book on behalf of the Captain).
- Writing the Flight Order (including the flight dispatch manifest, if relevant), which is signed by himself and the Captain.
- Calculating weight and balance and take-off data.
- Actively participating in the test execution/system operation and/or verification.
- Recording parameters during test and monitoring flight test recorders and/or flight test installation, if installed.
- Filling in the technical log book.
- Writing the Acceptance Flight Crew Report.
- Ensuring that all relevant data related to operations are entered into information system.
The FTE, by written delegation from the Head of Production Flight Test:
- Approve the Flight Conditions Form
- Co-signs the Technical Acceptance Completion
- Co-signs the Production Aircraft Test Completion Certificate
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Aeronautics or 3+ years working in a technical department for an aviation company.
- Ability to travel to Europe for a training time of 12 months.
- 2+ years experience as Flight Test Engineer
- Qualified from a Flight Test School, approved by EASA
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.