Job Category: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Id: 2380
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract engagement with the potential to extend. During the contract, employee will be provided with salary and benefits.
This engineer will support product development, at various stages, of aerospace and defense related systems with an emphasis on launchers, holders, and release mechanisms for weapons. Candidates MUST be ok working on products that enable the launch of missiles, bombs, etc. such as launch tubes, carriage and release systems, missile systems, stage separation systems, etc. These engineers are expected to be 100% onsite, with company flexibility should an occasional WFH day be needed.
- Supports the engineering group while leading in all aspects of mechanical design
- Conceptualizes, develops, and designs structures, mechanisms, and mechanical systems in accordance with customer requirements and customary standards
- Performs required calculations, analysis, and comprehensive tolerance stack-up analyses
- Verifies calculations and analysis work of others
- Leads design efforts on systems and sub-systems, often on multiple programs simultaneously
- Supports proposal, quick-turn concept design and presentation efforts through CAD models and illustrations
- Generates Bill of Materials for Assemblies and complete drafting packages of designs
- Supports prototyping, hardware assembly, development testing and product qualification
- Mentor and resource for more junior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent in relevant experience and registration
- The Senior Design Engineer typically possesses 6+ years of experience in design of aerospace and/or defense systems
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical design, engineering drawing conventions and geometric tolerances
- Strong mathematical skills, understanding of material properties, strength and stress formulas
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and technical diagrams, and work to verbal and written instructions
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with common office applications and engineering tools
- Detailed knowledge of design-based military and commercial specifications
- 4000+ hours recent SolidWorks experience in mechanical design
- Proficient in SolidWorks, and experienced in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of CAD/CAE tools relevant to mechanical systems design
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, work independently on assignments with minimal oversight or direction, quality-oriented and safety conscious
- Possesses strong mechanical aptitude as well as creativity in solving problems; able to track overall goals and “see the big picture” while focusing on details
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
- Aerospace and Defense Background
- Weapons systems experience
- Strong Software Background
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Citizens need apply for this position.