Job Category: Production & Sustaining Engineering Team Lead
Job Id: 2326
ALTEN who we are
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract engagement with the potential to extend (customer has several projects). During the contract, the employee will be provided with salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, PTO, etc.).
What are we looking for? In this critical role, you assume ultimate ownership and accountability for the successful execution of high-priority integration projects within a program. As the primary point of contact, you must enjoy solving communication and organizational problems, earning trust and improving the overall performance of all teams involved. We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organized individual who can work with minimal direction and coordinate teams in the successful execution of engineering integration activities. This position will have a direct impact and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing hardware flow
- Time management and time estimation
- Scope of work estimation
- Develop and validate requirements
- Develop plans to deliver engine and subsystem configurations in support of test activities
- Coordinate configuration changes with upstream and downstream stakeholders
- Assess programmatic impact of configuration change requests
- Create and manage line of balance for hardware and key equipment to support upcoming builds
- Partner with manufacturing engineering and contribute to development of detailed procedures
- Respond to unexpected changes to ensure integration activities stay on schedule, on budget, and are completed with high-quality and documented build pedigree
- Coordinate with procurement, internal and external manufacturing to ensure that hardware priorities are well understood and are actively managed to support the need dates
- Identify schedule-critical hardware, equipment, people, and facilities; resolve constraints
- Develop recovery strategies when nonconformances or other escapes are identified
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Develop schedule and budget; manage and report progress
- Develop and report key project metrics
- Lead Pre-ship reviews, ensuring hardware and software/firmware readiness prior to shipment
- B.S./B.A. degree in engineering or other technical field
- Technical and program management background
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, integration, or testing – preferably with aerospace hardware or complex technical systems
- Need basic machining and production knowledge (surface finishes, types of machines, etc.)
- Experience with porosity, can engineer solutions to part porosity
- Possess high attention to detail and strong organizational/coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability building trusting and effective working relationships that improve team performance and deliver results
- Experience managing large assemblies and Bills of Material
- Working knowledge of configuration management principles and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Castings experience desired
- Valves and/or sealing experience
- Program Management skill specific to hardware and tracking down part shortages
- Demonstrated technical expertise with liquid rocket engines and test facilities
- Experience integrating complex subsystems into a spacecraft, launch vehicle, or test facility
- Experience implementing, customizing or improving configuration management systems in a development engineering environment
- Experience leading a small technical team
- Experience with P6 or other GANTT-style project management tools
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position