Job Category: Mechanical Test Engineer
Job Id: 2272
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract engagement with the potential to extend (customer has several projects). During the contract, employee will be provided with salary and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and executes development, documentation, verification, and validation tests of mechanical and/or pyrotechnic components or systems
- Performs selection, set-up and validation of data acquisition and sensors, including pressure transducers, accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gages, etc.
- Captures photography and videography of highly dynamic mechanical and/or pyrotechnic systems, including still pictures, real-time video and high-speed video
- Conducts post-processing of test data, including plotting and analysis of engineering data and compilation of test videos
- Documents and presents test results in reports, slide presentations or other communications to customers or management
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Test Lab and engineering tests
- Assists with maintaining and improving test equipment and lab space
- Works with a team to ensure that project goals are completed on time and within budget
- Required: Associates Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or related field)
- Ideal candidates will typically possess a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in aerospace and/or defense test environments, preferably including exposure to pyrotechnic and electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated experience leading product development tests, including qualification test series
- Proficient in the use of data acquisition systems and instrumentation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be willing to work onsite at offices in Mukilteo, WA
Note: Due to nature of work, only US citizens need apply for this position.