North Carolina, Greensboro
Job Category: Systems Design Engineer
Job Id: 2229
ALTEN who we are…
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
The Systems Engineering team is in the heart of the electromobility and digital transformation within the automotive industry. We develop new systems, architectures, and concepts with focus on electrical and electronics systems.
As a Systems Design Engineer you will contribute to all stages of product development, from early phase pre-studies, system architecture and functions development. You will work with stakeholders from various technology teams, component owners, internal and external solution providers, and product owners to identify design concepts that will best meet our customer’s needs.
You will be responsible with providing technical input for product iteration planning and architectural roadmap development for various electric and electronic systems onboard commercial vehicles. You will act as an epic owner from the point of view of agile development, supporting development of appropriate feature and capability structure for each epic within your area of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and support development of technical concepts on subsystem/component level with global and cross functional alignment
- Take an active cross-functional role in the exchange with other functions and departments in order to deliver robust engineering solutions
- Perform the work needed to develop and anchor system evolution roadmaps for various electrical architecture
- Authors Epics and supports the development of feature and capability structure
- Writes Technical reports and cross functional specifications – breaking down pre-requisites and requirements describing how they will affect the electrical system, and propose system design concepts to fulfil them
- Develops embedded software specifications, electrical schematics and block diagrams for vehicle functions related to area of responsibility
- Participates in quality tool screening, plans and executes the agreed quality tasks
- Coordinate activities with other departments, external and internal customers and vendors as necessary to ensure the desired deliverables
- Commercial vehicle or Automotive experience
- Embedded Systems
- CAN / LIN
- ISO 26262 / J1939
- BSEE/BSME or MSEE/MSME and 4+ years of experience in commercial vehicle or automotive product development, or similar experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge about Electronic Hardware / Software & Supporting Infrastructure Architecture Design & Overall Development
- Knowledge of different communication protocols, standards & tools
- Knowledge of tools related to software development, diagnostics & production / aftermarket systems
- Experienced in working in an environment of global / local organization with cross functional interaction
- Versed in Agile way of working & Safe as well as good understanding of project operations
- Knowledge of Quality Management (QMS), SFMEA, Product Quality Assurance and Quality tools