California, San Francisco
Job Category: Software Manager
Job Id: 2210
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build, maintain, and lead teams of software developers that produce excellent work products and are a joy to work with
- Negotiate requirements for the cloud-based human interface to a fleet of Linear Generators, balancing the cost of data with its value to operations and engineering in maintaining a reliable platform
- Collaborate with TPMs and PMs on planning and requirement definition to prioritize tasks for the team (and company)
- Create feature roadmaps and allocate resources
- Maintain a secure platform (both from intrusion and IP loss)
- Deliberately manage technical debt and balance its future cost against the value of new features to new products
- Use, teach, and expand modern software best practices including guiding the team on appropriate-to-the-moment documentation
- Help the team choose tools to increase productivity
- Participate in team development activities such as retrospectives, daily stand ups, etc.
- Critically, you should enjoy doing these things collaboratively as part of a tightly coupled and highly interactive team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience industry experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Proven success delivering great software over multiple product lifecycles to pleased customers and stakeholders
- Passion for and success in hiring and managing teams of engineers
- Able to be an effective/respected individual to fill in gaps in development
Salary Range: $150,000