Job Category: Systems Application Engineer
Job Id: 2122
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people work across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take
System Application Engineer
The System Application Engineer is responsible for representing internal engineering and business departments while supporting on-site customer product development initiatives, ensuring the seamless and timely integration of the client’s products into customer engineering projects, and serving as a customer liaison for all engineering applications during product development.
- Create and maintain application checklist for all the Clients products
- Work with aftermarket team to come up with aftermarket support
- In-vehicle and simulation/bench performance calibration of the steering system-based algorithms to meet both objective and subjective customer and client performance specifications
- Create test specifications and procedures and review/approve system level requirements
- Identify software, hardware, and system level issues and utilize critical thinking process to perform root cause analysis
- Perform in-vehicle validation by driving tests, analyzing vehicle data, and providing appropriate feedback internally and to the customer
- Communicate on status of testing, releases, and vehicle evaluations through formal and informal reports internally and to the customer
- Coordinates with Sales & Program Management by supporting new acquisition business
- Convey client design/system/software requirements to the customer, including reserving packaging space for client’s steering components.
- Interact with the customer’s various engineering organizations, to support mechatronics and software development to support client products.
- Communicate customer design not limited to mechanical direction and changes to the client engineering team, including system engineering.
- Lead on-site vehicle calibrations for software tuning of steering systems.
- Convey client design requirements to the customer, including reserving packaging space for client’s steering components.
- Interact with the customer’s various engineering organizations, such as Chassis, Column team, steering team
- Create 3D CAD engineering models of mechanical packaging concepts. Create prototype and/or production-level
- CAD models and design documentation. Provide these models to our customers and client’s engineering teams.
- Communicate customer design direction and changes to the client’s engineering team, including program management, system engineering, quality, and sales.
- Prepare technical proposals to support RFQs and promote the client’s steering technologies to customers
- Conduct design reviews and program reviews with a customer on a regular basis
- Maintain open issues lists for supported programs.
- Facilitate the transfer of CAD files, specifications, change requests, roll-out plans, software tools, etc., between the customer and the client using data exchange systems as necessary.
- Efficiently manage processes between customer development and the client.
- Leads research and the preparation of reports on the ability and capacity of the client’s products and competing products.
- Participation in the sales process by providing technical support and pricing to Sales Managers in a timely fashion.
- Oversee Steering programs execution process to meet timing, budget, technical performance, and product quality
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Mechanical/Mechatronics preferred) – Required
- Automotive/Commercial vehicle experience Required
- Good understanding of vehicle communication networks (CAN/CAN-FD/Ethernet), Linear Algebra, Calculus, and
- Trigonometry preferred
- General knowledge of automotive standards (J1939, UDS) preferred
- Experience with automotive tools (Vector/PEAK/etc) and MathWorks MATLAB/Simulink a plus
- Communication Skills – Required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience - Required
Preferred Skills and experience:
- DOOR experience is plus
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)- Preferred
- Understanding of MATLAB/SOMAT fundamental