Job Category: Staff Systems Engineer
Job Id: 2054
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- You will support and contribute to a high performing Systems Engineering team to develop functions, architecture, requirements, integrate between system interfaces, and develop process strategy, responsible for delivering high quality Systems Engineering artifacts for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will develop functional breakdowns and conduct requirements management.
- You will develop interface details with the ground system and airborne system.
- You will perform detailed behavior development.
- You will perform above systems engineering activities in support of development of a fleet management system that manages large scale operations of autonomous aircraft.
- You will review safety critical system integration activities based on today's best system engineering practices, lessons learned and guidelines.
- You will support a team that will support the multiple trade studies needed to achieve the most efficient and optimized safety critical systems architectural solutions that meet performance, size, weight, power, and safety requirements as applicable from the FAA/EASA regulations.
- As a Staff Engineer in the SE organization, in collaboration with other leaders, you will contribute towards development of efficient and optimized strategies for execution, to be implemented across multiple IPTs.
- You will support the system requirements development and validation efforts that support various IPTs.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the deliverables you are accountable for meeting the technical standards established by the program.
- You will be detail and technically oriented and can work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- You will exemplify the culture, mission, values, vision, and quality policy of the organization, while supporting the team with technical guidance and mentorship.
- B.S. in engineering
- 8-10 years’ experience in systems engineering
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience in design, architecture, and integration of airline dispatch, scheduling, or fleet operations systems
- Experience working with or in an airline operations center or similar environment
- Experience with overseeing a fleet of aircraft, or with a system that oversees a fleet of aircraft
- Experience with the integration of complex systems
- Hands on experience in development and decomposition of requirements, developing and allocating functions, and interfacing with certification and systems safety teams to deliver certification deliverables.
- Familiarity with ARP4754A, DO-160, DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4761, Part 23/25, regulations, AC XX.1309, or similar standards
- Experience in requirements management tools such as Polarion, Doors, Requiem etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Previous system development, design, manufacturing, or flight test experience
- You are familiar with MBSE process, language (SysML, ARCADIA) and tools (CAMEO, CAPELLA, etc.) and its use in complex system development
- Experience with an aircraft or UAM development program from conceptual design through certification
- Experience with human machine interface/user experience regarding use of fleet management systems
Salary Range: $140,000-160,000