California, San Francisco
Job Category: Principle Systems Engineer
Job Id: 2047
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces
- Leads analyses to optimize total spacecraft system design and configuration
- Decompose and flow down system level requirements into subsystem and unit specifications
- Perform analyses and trades to define and mature spacecraft system architecture
- Develop and maintain requirements for a spacecraft system and subsystems
- Develop, maintain and control the spacecraft and subsystem interfaces specifications
- Support subsystem and vehicle-level testing and anomaly resolution
- Analyze, verify, track and validate system level performance and other technical performance measurements
- Create, release and deliver spacecraft verification, validation and acceptance
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 10 years’ experience as a systems engineer assessing functionality or performance of a spacecraft systems
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex spacecraft system solutions
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as JAMA, JIRA, DOORS, DNG, or similar
- Experience working with DoDAF or SysML for system development
- M.S or PhD in engineering or another technical field relevant to orbital launch vehicles and satellites
- Hands on hardware test and integration experience
- Experience in reliability, maintainability and supportability analysis and execution
- System Safety analysis experience including Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Fault Tree
- Experience in high growth / startup environments
Salary Range: $160,000-180,000
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.