California, San Francisco
Job Category: Senior Systems Engineer – First Stage Engine
Job Id: 2022
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate and guide engine system design and development at all stages of development lifecycle
- Use Systems Engineering methods and tools to develop systems engineering products such as requirements decomposition, specifications, systems engineering and program plans, interfaces, risk assessment and mitigation, validation and verification planning, overall integration, etc.
- Apply interdisciplinary, collaborative approaches to plan, coordinate, design, develop and verify complex systems solutions
- Develop trade studies to inform product roadmap
- Participate in specialty engineering (operability, reliability, maintainability, supportability) integration, analysis and verification
- Implement verification & validation and master test plans
- Lead teams to define and disseminate interface control documentation, allowing systems to communicate effectively as we scale faster than ever
- Assist with definition and coordination of engine performance requirements and technical parameters.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or another technical field
- 5+ years propulsion system development/integration experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience/domain knowledge of system engineering, requirements, interface definition, verification, and validation, risk, issues and opportunities management and trade studies.
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as JAMA, JIRA, DOORS, DNG, or similar
- You are not afraid of technical details, you learn fast, and you are motivated to understand every aspect of your product
- You thoughtfully and thoroughly engage all stakeholders in decision-making and effectively build alignment around decisions
- You bring a structured approach to ambiguous problems, turning head-scratchers into solvable problems with clear next steps
- M.S or PhD in engineering or another technical field
- Hands on hardware test and integration experience
- Experience in reliability, maintainability and supportability analysis and execution
- System Safety analysis experience including Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, and Functional Hazard Analysis
- Demonstrated configuration management experience
- Experience in high growth / startup environments
Salary Range: $140,000-$160,000
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.